Because the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA) and of the Federal and Armed Forces Round Table (FAFLRT) are merging in 2018, we are asking members to vote on the name for the “new” division. The name selected will be included in the bylaws which are being revised this fall.
A Google Poll “ASCLA/FAFLRT Poll to Name our Division” is now open, please VOTE NOW. The poll is being sent to ASCLA and of FAFLRT members for their votes. Deadline for responses is November 6, 2017.
Suggested names were requested by email to ASCLA and FAFLRT listservs asking for suggestions. The replies were reviewed by the joint ASCLA/FAFLRT Merger Planning Task Force. We are seeking a name that will reflect the merged division. Members will include representatives of libraries and library agencies with interests and responsibilities encompassing:
* Library agencies providing service to populations with special needs, including those with sensory, physical, health or behavioral conditions or those who are incarcerated or detained
* Library cooperatives and consortia
* Independent librarians and consultants
* State library agencies
* Libraries in Federal agencies
* Libraries serving the armed services / military
Thank you for your help.
ASCLA / FAFLRT Merger Planning Team
Jeannette Smithee, Stephen Pomes, Michael Golrick, Karl Debus Lopez, Adam Szczepaniak, Janice Young